Child MolestationNow Fighting On Your Side
Modesto Child Molestation Defense Attorney
Lascivious Acts With A Child & Other Molestation Crimes in California
Child molestation charges encompass a variety of crimes committed against a child. The stigma of being associated with these charges, much more with being convicted, can seriously impact all aspects of your life.
Child molestation crimes include:
- Lewd or Lascivious Acts with a Child Under 14: This includes willfully and lewdly touching the child’s body or causing the child to touch your body or another’s body. This act must have been committed with the intent to arouse, appeal, or gratify your sexual desires or the sexual desires of the child. The child must have been under 14.
- Lewd or Lascivious Acts with a Minor by Force or Fear: This includes forcing a minor to engage in a lewd or lascivious act by threatening or forcing them to comply.
- Lewd or Lascivious Acts with a Child Aged 14 or 15: If you were at least 10 years older than the minor, aged 14 or 15, you will face increasingly serious charges of lewd or lascivious acts.
- Annoying or Molesting a Child: This means that, motivated by sexual interest, you conducted in behavior directed at the minor and that a normal person would have been annoyed, offended, disturbed, or injured by such conduct.
- Oral Copulation with a Minor: This crime includes any contact between the mouth of one person and the sexual organ or anus of another person. The age of the victim will affect the penalties.
- Soliciting a Minor for Lewd Purposes: This crime involves arranging a meeting with a minor, motivated by sexual interest and with the intent of engaging in lewd or lascivious activity.
- Continuous Sexual Abuse of a Child: Prosecution must prove that you had continuous access to the child (i.e. living in the same home), that you engaged in three or more acts of “substantial sexual conduct” with the child, that these three acts happened over three months or longer, and that the child was under the age of 14 when these acts occurred.
- Sex with a Child Under 10: Sex with a child under 10 is considered a felony.
If convicted of one or more of these crimes, you could face jail time, steep fines, and lifelong sex offender registration.
Trust a track record of success. Call (209) 326-1533 for a free consultation.
Law Offices of Mark Girdner Sex Offender Legal Counsel
Accusations of child molestation must be taken very seriously. If you were charged with child molestation, it’s crucial that you hire an experienced sex crimes lawyer to defend your rights and fight for your future. The opposition will have no mercy when investigating and prosecuting your case.
At the Law Offices of Mark Girdner, you benefit from the insight of a former prosecutor with 18 years of experience. Our legal team can walk you through your options and keep you up to date throughout every step of case proceedings. For client convenience, we offer Spanish-speaking services and 24/7 availability.
Protect your reputation and your future by fighting these charges with a former prosecutor. The Law Offices of Mark Girdner is proud to defend your rights and help you tell your side of the story. Don’t hesitate to get in touch with our criminal defense firm. We are available around the clock!
Contact us today to learn more about your legal options!