Being charged with a crime, whether it’s minor or major, can result in some serious penalties and consequences, such as jail time, hefty fines, a criminal record, and lost jobs, among other things. While some legal matters, like a speeding ticket, can be handled alone, a criminal arrest requires experienced legal guidance. If you’re facing prosecution, this is why you should hire a criminal defense lawyer:
- Assistance filling out paperwork. When you are fighting any legal case, there is a ton of paperwork and deadlines that can be very time-consuming. An experienced criminal defense lawyer can help you find the documents you need, fill out the paperwork correctly, and file it before it’s too late.
- Help examine the prosecution’s evidence. If there is a hole in the prosecution’s evidence, an experienced attorney will find out. On your own, that may be nearly impossible.
- Attempt to get the penalties lowered or charges dismissed. Even if you’re innocent, you may still be convicted of a crime without a lawyer. An aggressive attorney can help you get lowered penalties or even have your charges dismissed.
- Access expert witnesses. When you’re fighting a criminal charge, you may need an expert witness to speak on your behalf. A local attorney has access to a network of professionals that may include private investigators and medical practitioners.
- Free initial consultations. Most attorneys offer an initial meeting or consultation for free. This allows you to at least explore your options instead of going it alone.
If you have been arrested, contact our Modesto criminal defense lawyer at the Law Offices of Mark Girdner. We can help you build a strong defense against any charges and provide you with the best chance for favorable results.
Call (209) 326-1533 today for a free initial consultation.